Do you use Jira to manage your tasks and projects? If so, you might find yourself dealing with subtasks from time to time. Subtasks can be a great way to break down your work into smaller, manageable parts. But what if you need to delete a subtask? In this quick tutorial, we'll show you how to do just that.
Method 1: Deleting Subtasks from the Backlog
1. Access Your Backlog: Start by accessing your backlog in Jira. If you have a list of issues, some of them may have subtasks that you want to remove.
2. Select a Subtask: Click on one of the issues with subtasks to open it. This will allow you to see the subtasks associated with that particular issue.
3. Navigate to the Subtask: Within the issue, you'll find the subtasks listed. Click on the subtask that you want to delete. This is the easiest way to access the subtask for deletion.
5. Choose Delete: From the dropdown menu, select the "Delete" option. A confirmation dialog will appear.
6. Confirm Deletion: To complete the deletion, click on "Delete" in the confirmation dialog. Your subtask will be deleted, and you will be redirected to the active sprint view.
Method 2: Deleting Subtasks from the Active Sprint Board
1. Access Active Sprint: If you're working in an active sprint, you can also delete subtasks from there. Open your active sprint in Jira.
2. Locate the Subtask: In the active sprint dashboard, you'll see the list of subtasks associated with your issues.
3. Right-Click to Delete: Right-click on the subtask that you want to remove. This will open a context menu.
4. Select Delete: From the context menu, choose the "Delete" option.
That's it! You've successfully deleted a subtask in Jira using either of these two methods. Whether you're working in the backlog or an active sprint, managing your subtasks has never been easier!