Explore creating fix versions in Jira with our straightforward guide from our How To collection. Empower your project management with our 6 step guide!
Table of content
Step by step guide to create a new Fix Version
To create a new Fix Version in Jira, you typically need administrator or project administrator privileges, as this action usually involves project configuration.
1. Log in to Jira: Make sure you are logged in to your Jira instance with the necessary permissions to manage the project.
2. Navigate to the Project: Go to the specific project where you want to create the new Fix Version. You can do this by selecting the project from your Jira dashboard or using the project navigation menu.
3. Manage Versions: In the dashboard, you will typically find an option labeled "Releases", under the development section. Click on this option to access the versions management screen.
4. Create a New Fix Version:
- Click the "Create Version" button, which is typically located at the top right corner of the versions management screen.
- A dialog box or form will appear for creating the new Fix Version.
- Fill in the required information, including the name and release date of the version. You can also set other attributes like description, start date, and release notes.
- Make sure to select the "Fix Version" checkbox or label it as a "Fix Version" to indicate its purpose.
5. Save the New Fix Version: Once you've filled in the details for the new Fix Version, click the "Create" or "Save" button to create the version.
6. Confirmation: You should receive a confirmation message indicating that the Fix Version has been created successfully.
The new Fix Version is now available for use in your project. You can associate issues with this Fix Version when resolving or closing them. It will also be available for use in reporting, release planning, and tracking the progress of your project.
Please note that the specific steps and interface elements may vary slightly depending on the version of Jira you are using and the configuration of your Jira instance. If you don't have the necessary permissions to create a Fix Version, you may need to contact your Jira administrator or a user with the appropriate project permissions to do this for you.
More Jira Content
Join the Club
Join our email list and get access to specials deals and much more!